Headquartered in New York, NY, UpStack’s technology-enabled brokerage platform is disrupting the $4 trillion IT infrastructure industry by helping IT professionals more easily source and sell colocation, network, and hybrid cloud services. Founded in 2017 by industry veteran Christopher Trapp, UpStack was born out of frustration with an inefficient and opaque IT services procurement experience. In response, Trapp and team built a first-of-its-kind technology platform that:
- Helps buyers, advisors and suppliers make better business decisions through ready access to data, tools, and insights
- Increases sales efficiency by 60x
- Improves supplier response times by 1,200x
UpStack built a platform which currently provides automated quoting and inventory management from over 400 network, colocation, and cloud service providers. It empowers 2,400+ agents, buyers, and suppliers to eliminate critical, yet time-consuming steps in the identification, selection, pricing, and procurement on behalf of their valued clientele. Through beautiful, practical, and efficient software products, UpStack is committed to delivering transparency and simplicity to the data center industry and is fast becoming the One-Stop-Shop & Operating System for global sourcing colocation and network requirements.
At present, the momentum created over the past three years is poised to propel UpStack into its next phase of growth—one that will find the company leveraging institutional investment to further focus on industry disruption, but now with greater attention on top-producing advisors and the central role they play in brokering deals between buyers and sellers.
UpStack is a disruptive and powerful force multiplier in an industry forecast to grow at double digit CAGR rates for the foreseeable future. Their highly resilient go to market strategy offers monthly recurring revenue and annual annuity characteristics designed to create value at scale.
UPSTACK’S MISSION AND COMPANY VALUES
UpStack’s mission is to empower the entire IT infrastructure ecosystem – from service providers to IT infrastructure professionals to their advisors – to make better business decisions. Buyers benefit through quote and price transparency and education. Advisors benefit from the absence of hassle to interpret quotes so they can focus on consultation. Providers and their partners benefit from their sales team’s ability to quote easily, efficiently, and accurately.
UpStack is introducing value across the telecom, colocation, and cloud services marketplace by offering providers, sellers, and agents the opportunity to leverage their unique platform assets to launch, scale, and optimize their own businesses –
Leading technology – Customer-facing, self-service tech that decreases agent/customer effort by 60x and decreases supplier response times by 1,200x
Operational excellence – Delivering break-through operating efficiencies through centralized infrastructure enabled by proprietary technology
Massive network – Over 1,000 data center suppliers leveraging UpStack’s inventory management and automated quoting/pricing capabilities
Data Monetization – The largest consolidated collection of pricing, supply, and demand data improves QoS for suppliers, agents, and direct buyers
Scale efficiency – A centralized and shared operating infrastructure to empower agents and accelerate their growth
Product Expertise – A team with an average of 15+ years designing, marketing, and delivering internet infrastructure solutions
UPSTACK LEADERSHIP TEAM
Director of Sales Operations
CEO’s & Senior Leadership from the most prominent colocation and network companies in the industry have taken note of UpStack’s pending impact on the market. When a business model presents a threat to the ‘old way of doing things,’ industry leaders take note. Many of these leaders are both leveraging UpStack’s technology and at the same time investing in the business so as to ensure they stay ahead of the curve and endeavor to maintain a unique competitive advantage.
December 2019 – UpStack and MicroCorp Announce Channel Technology Partnership
August 2019 – Backblaze (customer) blog: Getting Ready to Go to Europe
October 2017 – UpStack Lands $1.8M in Seed Financing
DIRECTOR OF SALES OPERATIONS
UpStack is the first modern platform for sourcing & selling data center and connectivity services. The marketplace focuses on three main business categories:
- Buyers- Compare normalized pricing and detailed specifications.
- Vendors- Provides centralize sales tools to sell colocation and connectivity faster.
- Advisors- A place to showcase expertise and handle increased deal volume efficiently.
Reporting to the SVP of Sales, the Director of Sales Operations will work in collaboration and coordination with UpStack Sales, Marketing, Product, and Customer Success teams to provide data and reporting on agent and UpStack direct funnel and sales. This position will be responsible for providing development and execution of reporting process and procedures. In addition, this person will work closely to develop new functionality into UpStack platform to automate many of these processes for our agent partners.
A successful individual will have the ability to think strategically, act tactically, write effectively, and display strong analytical and critical thinking skills. The candidate must also be able to build strong cross-group working relationships and demonstrate exceptional organizational skills and attention to detail. Most importantly we are looking for a person who is willing to roll up their sleeves and dig-in to new projects and tasks within and outside of your normal job responsibilities. Our ideal candidate must be able to thrive in a fast-paced multitasking environment, who easily adapts positively to change and rapid company growth.
More specifically, as Director of Sales Operations, and crucial member of the collective business performance, you will:
- Become an UpStack platform expert
- Develop and provide reporting on agent productivity including sales, funnels, commission payments, EBITDA and overall agent performance
- Develop and maintain all reporting inside of salesforce.com (SFDC)
- Work closely with Sales and Product to develop incremental features inside of the UpStack platform to automate reporting to agents
- Conduct due diligence and modeling of potential M&A opportunities
- Lead integration of back-office functions from our acquired agent base
- Process agent commission statements
- Develop, communicate, support and maintain workflows in SFDC
- Provide technical support to UpStack employees and agents around SFDC
- Evaluate competitive and complementary technologies to UpStack and make recommendations
- Lead process improvement initiatives for back-office capabilities and technologies
- Capture feedback from user experience and communicate with internal UpStack teams
- Make recommendations on agent portal development
KEY QUALIFYING CRITERIA
- Demonstrated expertise in sales reporting within the Data Center, Telecommunications, and/or Cloud industry. Namely the operation, management, and maintenance of existing systems (ie SFDC), and the sourcing and selection of additional systems.
- Demonstrated expertise in the design of systems for and the processing of indirect sales commissions within the Data Center, Telecommunications, and/or Cloud industry.
- Demonstrated expertise in business modeling and communications, namely conducting sophisticated and creative analysis of complex data and translate the results into actionable deliverables, business conclusions, messages, and presentations.
- Strong familiarity with pricing and products specifically in the Data Center, Telecommunications, and Cloud industries
- Experience developing and managing commission plans for multiple internal teams, including Customer Success, Sales Engineering, Inside Sales, Field Sales, and Sales Management
- Understanding of indirect sales channels – Agents, Partners, VARs, and other 3rd parties
- History of operating successfully in a lean, fast-paced, high-growth technology/service organization that has scaled quickly. Self-starter needing minimal supervision to complete tasks.
- Motivation to GTM strategy – ideally preconceived notion of their success in this type of role and company
WHY CONSIDER THIS OPPORTUNITY WITH UPSTACK?
Innovation – UpStack is successfully introducing technological advances that facilitate and empower buyers and sellers in an industry that has historically resisted modernization.
Scale – UpStack’s platform can be leveraged and monetized across multiple service categories within the industry, which offers remarkable growth opportunities and creates a complex ecosystem of financial considerations.
Chapter – UpStack is entering a unique chapter of maturity ready to capitalize on 3 years of lessons learned, which have created exciting directional go-to-market strategies that offer remarkable growth opportunities for its partners.
Team – UpStack’s executive team is experienced, engaged, ambitious, and excited about the chapter they are in and what is next. They embrace a lean, entrepreneurial, transparent culture and enjoy the business case justification rigor that ensures their success.
Financial Partners – Chris Trapp’s vision for positive change in colocation and network procurement has attracted the industry’s foremost thought and investment leaders to advise on business formation and growth.
Future Multiplier – It bears repeating that UpStack’s technology platform offers incredibly unique multiplying capabilities by empowering all members of their ecosystem – customers, sales, owners, agents, procurement, and finance/accounting professionals.
The compensation package is expected to include a competitive (relative to market and candidate’s current situation) base salary, annual performance compensation, and health benefits. UpStack prides Itself on hiring the best and brightest minds and rewards employees with a casual work environment and an outstanding benefits package to include:
- Insurance: Medical, Dental, Vision & Life
- Generous PTO policy
- Investment: 401(k) Retirement Plan
Following a thorough exchange of information relating to company information, resume, and key qualifying criteria, CFS Partners anticipates recommending a short list of candidates to UpStack’s Senior Leadership Team by end of July 2020. A finalist will be selected and offer extended, the acceptance of which will be contingent upon positive references and background check.