EdgeCore prioritizes client obsession in developing data centers for lease or sale to the world’s largest cloud, internet, and technology companies. Privately held, with committed institutional equity to fund large-scale client requirements up to an aggregate of $3.0 billion, EdgeCore also provides bespoke capital-structure solutions leveraging the lowest available cost of capital. In support of our clients’ speed-to-market requirements, EdgeCore has proactively invested in four power-and shovel-ready campuses in North America supporting development of 950+ utility MW and is working to acquire additional sites with the ability to expand investment across both North American and European markets.
EdgeCore Internet Real Estate is a preeminent U.S. developer, owner and operator of highly scalable, cloud-connected, wholesale data center campuses, providing solutions to the Global 2000, including hyperscale cloud and Internet companies. EdgeCore is currently developing data center campuses in Phoenix, Northern Virginia, Reno, and Silicon Valley with plans to develop campuses in additional markets. Each of the Company’s five initial campuses is designed to support between 80 and 225 MW of critical load, representing total capacity exceeding 800 MW across the Company’s current platform. EdgeCore is committed to enabling the growth and supporting the rigorous performance requirements of its customers leveraging ready-for-service capacity and bespoke build-to-suit solutions across the U.S.
Collectively, the EdgeCore executive team has more than 55+ years of data center experience and an institutional real estate development resume that exceeds $10B, $5B of which is specific to the data center industry. Backing from global institutional investors provides a solid foundation for the growth of EdgeCore and enables financial flexibility to tailor solutions to client needs.
Design & Construction
EdgeCore applies repeatable, scalable, and modular construction methods to compress the construction schedule and deliver client requirements on time and on budget. Additionally, our in-house procurement team is practiced at collaborating with the procurement teams of our global clients to achieve the lowest cost of materials and equipment.
In addition to building data centers to our clients’ exacting specifications, EdgeCore intelligently designs transparent capital and commercial structures aligning the needs of each client with the contours of the global capital markets. This approach enables a low cost of capital supporting each client objective, whether on an individual project or across a repeatable, scalable, multi-market and multi-regional delivery structure.
Meeting client requirements without compromise. EdgeCore’s core business embodies the purest form of client-driven ethos – we build data centers to precisely meet our clients’ specifications. We are relentlessly driven to listen to our clients and enable alignment with their globally calibrated form factors, supply chains, and maintenance and management requirements.
DATA CENTER SERVICES
Cloud Access – Scalable, secure, SLA-backed access to cloud providers enable seamless solutions for enterprise hybrid-IT strategies.
Migrations & Implementations – Experienced implementation and service teams are available to manage physical cage builds, power and network delivery. Full-service migration solutions are available through our partner network.
Monitoring – Best-in-class building management systems combined with 24×7 on-site support create an environment focused on uptime and reliability. EdgeCore is committed to ensuring performance through our 100% uptime SLA.
Connectivity – Direct fiber access to leading carriers provides secure low-latency connectivity solutions.
Build-to-Suit Construction & Leasing – EdgeCore has extensive experience developing purpose-built data centers designed to client specific requirements, and executes across the parameters of speed, cost, and quality. EdgeCore is practiced in developing bespoke leasing terms for its clients and conducts all leasing engagements with a collaborative approach to ensure complete client satisfaction from start to finish.
EDGECORE DATA CENTER CAMPUSES
ASHBURN DATA CENTER CAMPUS
EdgeCore’s strategically-located Ashburn campus is comprised of 720,000 square feet of space and capable of supporting 144 MW of critical load. Clients in EdgeCore’s purpose-built Ashburn data centers have options for powered shell, infrastructured shell and turn-key deployments and N, N+1 and 2N configurations throughout the LEED Certified campus.
PHOENIX DATA CENTER CAMPUS
Located just outside Phoenix, EdgeCore’s Phoenix data center campus is comprised of 1.25 million square feet of space. With the capability to support 225 MW of critical load, EdgeCore clients in Phoenix enjoy the option of powered shell, infrastructured shell and turn-key deployment options for their business needs. Clients further benefit from TPT and Use Tax exemptions, low-cost utility power and a design PUE.
RENO DATA CENTER CAMPUS
EdgeCore’s Reno data center campus supports 225 MW of critical load across more than one million square feet of data center space. An on-site substation will provide power to six data centers planned for this campus, enabling deployment options including turn-key, powered shell, and build-to-suit solutions. With sub-four millisecond latency to the Bay Area, low-cost utility power including renewable options and a design PUE of <1.25, EdgeCore’s Reno campus offers an intelligent solution to mission-critical client requirements.
SILICON VALLEY DATA CENTER CAMPUS
EdgeCore’s Silicon Valley campus, strategically-located in Santa Clara, California, is capable of supporting 80 MW of critical load, across 600,000 square feet of space. The EdgeCore campus in Silicon Valley is purpose-built with options for powered shell, infrastructured shell and turn-key deployments. The LEED Certified campus offers N, N+1, and 2N configurations.
EDGECORE LEADERSHIP TEAM
Co-Founder, Chairman & CEO
Co-Founder and CFO
Co-Founder & SVP, Development
SVP, Finance & Co-Head Executions
SVP, General Counsel & Co-Head of Executions
SVP, Revenue & Client Growth
Vice President, Programs & Compliance
Vice President, Build-to-Suit Program Manager
Vice President, Real Estate & Infrastructure Business Development
Vice President, Product & Land Acquisition
Vice President, Operations
Vice President, Controller
Kyle Van Andel
Vice President, IT
Learn More About The Edgecore Leadership Team – https://www.edgecore.com/about/team
VICE PRESIDENT, UTILITY INFRASTRUCTURE
Reporting to Matt Muell, Co-Founder and SVP Development, the Vice President, Utility Infrastructure (VPUI) supports EdgeCore’s data center expansion by leading efforts to identify, procure, design, and develop large-scale infrastructure projects with electric and other utilities. The candidate will manage a portfolio of activities including supporting site selection efforts across all target geographies, devising data center interconnection strategy and execution in partnership with utilities, communicating project needs and managing relationships across internal and external stakeholders, negotiating energy rate tariffs/special contracts, and identifying electric supply market conditions and opportunities material to our business.
EdgeCore is looking to enable further growth by bringing on dedicated utility resource to help the organization continue to scale, identify challenges and solutions, and be a SME vis-a-vis our customers, team members, and investors and third-party vendors. Power is increasingly the most important input into the data center equation and is becoming the long-lead item in many markets. Dynamics around power are also becoming substantially more complex … availability, cost, schedule, alternatives, renewables, etc. The VPUI will increasingly sit at the forefront of investment decision-making, customer sustainability discussions, and investor interest.
The VPUI is expected to understand opportunities to deploy capital and add value to EdgeCore’s target customer base. Further, he/she will position existing campuses to enable data center deliveries within 9 months; identify opportunities in new markets and create a plan to secure and deliver power to new campuses; identify alternative energy sources to enable more rapid development of land; identify renewable energy opportunities to align with stated customer goals; and develop renewable energy strategy for multi-tenant locations.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITES
- Bring to bear deep understanding of data center utility infrastructure across EdgeCore’s target markets globally by leading the development and implementation of corporate and site-specific strategies and objectives related to understanding and procurement of:
- Electrical utility grids, generation stations, high-voltage transmission/distribution systems, and utility-owned/dedicated substations; and
- Renewable- and alternative-energy solutions and sustainability initiatives; and
- Water, sewer, telecom, and other supporting utilities necessary to deliver data center capacity.
- Cultivate and maintain existing relationships and develop new contacts with key utility suppliers to identify energy industry trends, emerging market policy, and existing and proposed regulations to proactively identify investment opportunities and reduce cost and risk.
- Engage third-party resources as needed to enable deep understanding of market dynamics related to utility capacity, cost, delivery schedules, and design/engineering requirements.
- Lead interconnection and energy supply contract negotiation and execution (including PPAs) with utilities and third-party energy suppliers.
- Identify and communicate to internal and external stakeholders and customers clearly defined utility procurement solutions and associated scope, schedule, and costs required to implement.
- Identify, develop, and execute renewable/alternative energy strategies, either created and owned by EdgeCore or in conjunction with non-utility providers, as needed to support customer requirements.
- Prepare responses to leasing RFPs and customer inquiries related to utilities and infrastructure.
- Support general corporate activities with ad hoc research and analysis including providing input on financial models and market research.
KEY QUALIFYING CRITERIA
- Demonstrated experience and expertise in program management, project management, and/or business development roles in energy and utilities industry supporting large, complex digital infrastructure developments. Ideally this includes experience in both wholesale and retail power markets.
- Proven experience leading initiatives related to power procurement, off-site infrastructure development (power, water, sewer, fiber), data center infrastructure planning, renewable/alternative energy or sustainability projects including:
- Electrical transmission grid dynamics, power procurement (including PPAs), and rate tariffs.
- Utility infrastructure engineering, design, and construction.
- Power utilities and suppliers in existing and target markets including renewable/alternative energy options and structures.
- Support leasing activities for hyperscale cloud customers including RFP responses, strategy, and negotiation.
- Proven track record partnering with internal and external stakeholders to understand requirements, develop analysis to identify and implement solutions, and collaborate cross-functionally to deliver results.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, and organizational skills to work and prioritize data in a fast paced environment managing multiple simultaneous projects effectively.
- Strong organizational skills, with the ability to work in a fast-paced environment and to prioritize and manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- A team player mentality, strong learning acumen and the desire to go above and beyond what is required of you.
WHY CONSIDER THIS OPPORTUNITY WITH EDGECORE?
Mission – EdgeCore is focused on building a great company with a vision to align investors, assets, operating approach, and customer needs. The many small decisions each member of their very capable team makes every day results in career advancement, financial gain, lasting personal and professional relationships, and some fun along the way.
Culture – EdgeCore’s culture embodies both start-up entrepreneurialism and institutional knowledge and capabilities. EdgeCore is mission-focused and collegial, believing strongly in affording dignity and decency to all stakeholders while appreciating that accountability is a requisite component of leading a workplace rooted in justice. EdgeCore operates in principles of intense sense of commitment, customer intimacy, and energy.
Impact – This is an opportunity to put a fingerprint on a still emerging company facing unprecedented growth and scale. The VPUI will meaningfully impact the organization’s sustainability initiatives and how they dovetail with profitability, growth, and valuation.
Leadership – EdgeCore’s executive leadership team’s success speaks for itself with precedent experience at CoreSite and now with new talent and perspectives supporting their growth to date. The whole of the team keenly enjoys exceeding growth expectations resulting in their collective personal, professional, and financial growth.
Focus – EdgeCore’s ability to focus on and achieve short term goals has been recognized and rewarded with the recent international recognition and sponsorship. Their goal is to remain nimble, scalable, and quick to respond, but at scale. The business model focuses on being the absolute best at what they do, and they see remarkable upside near and long term.
Financial Strength – The EdgeCore team views GIC and OPTrust as “two of the world’s most capable and sophisticated investors. We are excited to execute upon our shared vision of creating a scalable North American data center platform, and we look forward to expanding with GIC and OPTrust as we work to grow EdgeCore Internet Real Estate beyond our initial rollout.”
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS
Base compensation is determined on a case by case basis relative to each candidate’s specific experience and qualifications. A discretionary annual bonus is based on personal and company performance, metrics TBD. The VPUI may also be eligible for a long term incentive program.
- Medical, Dental and Vision
- 401(k) with company contribution
- Health Savings Accounts (HAS) and Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA)
- Life and AD&D
- Short Term and Long Term disability
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
The VPUI will be an employee of Mount Elbert EdgeCore Services, LLC, which serves as the asset manager of EdgeCore Internet Real Estate and is an affiliate of Mount Elbert Capital. Mount Elbert Capital is a real-asset private equity firm with differentiated experience in internet infrastructure.
When applying for a position, you will be subject to a background screen – criminal records check, motor vehicle report, and/or drug screen. Vaccination against COVID-19 by a CDC-approved vaccine subject to qualifying medical or religious exceptions.
EdgeCore is committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all persons regardless of race, color, ancestry, citizenship, national origin, religion, veteran status, disability, genetic characteristic or information, age, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, family status, pregnancy, or other legally protected status. We do not tolerate unlawful discrimination in any employment decisions, including recruiting, hiring, compensation, promotion, benefits, discipline, termination, job assignments or training.
Following a thorough exchange of information relating to company information, resume, and key qualifying criteria, CFS Partners anticipates recommending a short list of candidates to Matt Muell, SVP Development in April 2022. Finalists will meet with select members of the Senior Leadership Team to include Tom Ray, Chairman & CEO The selected finalist will be presented with a compelling and competitive financial and professional growth offer contingent on background check and thorough references.