Stream Data Centers builds and operates for the largest and most sophisticated enterprises and hyperscale cloud providers – 24 data centers since 1999, with 90% of our capacity leased to the Fortune 100. We believe procuring, deploying, and operating data center capacity should be a great experience; that’s why we proactively invest in great people and great facilities in the right markets for your success.
Delivering speed to market, with actual capacity ready to deploy today in 7 markets, with an end-to-end collaborative approach. We listen and we will customize procedurally, operationally, and/or structurally to what you need. Stream represents a “best of both worlds” combining the publicly traded REITs and boutique data center provider’s best practices.
Our data center real estate services include adaptable turnkey capacity (ready today, customizable to meet your requirements) and build-to-suit (fully commissioned or powered shell, wherever you need to be, operated by us or by you). By proactively investing in the right people and markets, we are able to offer build-to-suit solutions on our campus, or yours, in 9 months from groundbreaking to client occupancy. We also offer energy procurement services to help our data center customers and others proactively reduce costs and improve sustainability.
Since 1999, Stream has provided wholesale, powered shell & build-to-suit data centers with the following successes –
- 24 Data Centers Across the U.S.
- >90% of Capacity Leased to Fortune 100
- 100% of CFM team are employees of Steam Data Centers
- Zero Early Customer Terminations
- Zero Lawsuits (Customers & Employees)
- $3.6B annual transactions by Stream Realty Partners
STREAM DATA CENTER’S KEY DIFFERENTIATORS AS A COMPANY
COMPANY VISION AND MISSION
Stream believes that getting data center capacity should be a great experience.
Stream proactively invests in great people and great facilities in the right markets so clients have capacity when and where they need it. From beginning to end, the experience is collaborative; Stream listens, not dictates, and with a broad spectrum of options, they customize to what their customers need to succeed.
22 Years of Technical Real Estate Leadership and Data Center Success
1996 – Stream Realty Partners opens for business.
1999 – Stream acquires first data center.
2005 – Procures Northern California Portfolio.
2007 – Unveils industry’s first Ready-to-Fit Data Center product.
2010 – Enters the turnkey wholesale data center market with Private Data Center product.
2014 – Adds facility management services.
2015 – Adds energy consulting services.
2017 – Launches Hyperscale Data Center product.
2018 – Enters Chicago market and breaks ground on DFW VII.
2019 – Enters Phoenix market.
2020 – Chicago II in development.
STREAM DATA CENTER LOCATIONS
STREAM DATA CENTERS’ VALUE PROPOSITION
Offering a collaborative experience from beginning to end, we listen and we’re participative, not prescriptive. In the past 22 years of Steam’s existence, there has been 0 leadership turnover and 0% of facility operations have been outsourced.
Great experience: No bad surprises. The decision-makers are at the table. We really listen to you (our customers) and act on what you tell us. We value our relationship with you above all, and that shows from the very beginning to the very end – from our discretion about your big name to how we communicate during a natural disaster to the fact that we don’t charge for cross-connects. We’ve never been sued, and we’ve never sued a customer or partner, either.
Great people: It’s the people that determine the experience, the quality of the design, and the reliability of the operations – and ours are the best. We’re real estate professionals and technical experts with decades of experience delivering value for customers like you. And because we manage and operate our own data centers, you get the best of us from beginning to end.
Speed to market: We have actual capacity ready to deploy today in 7 markets. When we say we have 4 MWs in Phoenix we have 4 MWs you can move into today. We invest in your success through speculative development in markets where we see future demand.
End-to-end collaboration: We’ll customize (procedurally, operationally, structurally) to what you need. We’re smart and we build and operate great data centers. Our customers are smart, too. We know we’re a small fraction of your supply chain and we shouldn’t be a headache. So we dig in with you at the beginning to understand your real drivers and explore the best fit solution. We conform to you rather than you conforming to us.
Plus of course all the table stakes (operational expertise, financial stability, data center efficiency and reliability): These table stakes are driven by the operational expertise of our great people and our organizational and financial stability. Since 1999 we’ve built and operated 24 data centers for Fortune 100 enterprises and hyperscale cloud providers – we’re trusted by the largest companies in the world. The original founding partners are still at the helm, and involved with our customers daily. Our capital partners provide a unique combination of financial stability and decision making freedom.
FLEXIBLE AND SCALABLE INFRSTRUCTURE
Stream provides a wide array of data center solutions with scalable densities that allow customers to grow a carefully planned end-to-end data center footprint. Our resilient and dedicated infrastructure is deployed with appropriate audit compliance and certifications to meet rigorous standards for each market and industry we serve.
The impact of the cloud continues to shape the design of the modern data center, and, our commitment to innovation continues to enhance the energy efficiency and cost-effectiveness of our next-gen products.
Stream’s build-to-suit competency leverages proven development strategies to quickly deliver cost-efficient data centers that meet each customer’s unique requirements.
Stream’s Ready-to-Fit™ Powered Shells provide a hardened, expandable facility with readily available power to support rapid deployment.
Private Data Center™ Suites feature dedicated infrastructure, security and privacy for ultimate control. Proactive maintenance strategies comply with risk management guidelines.
Scalable Colocation deployments provide highly secure space in a multi-tenant facility with options to deploy a distributed IT strategy and scale as needed.
CORE SERVICES FOR MISSION-CRITICAL ENVIRONMENTS
Stream provides tailored data center solutions with a premium concierge approach to customer service. Seasoned expertise in Data Center Development, Critical Environments Services, Network and Cloud Services and Energy Procurement are all offered through Stream’s holistic approach to customer success.
Stream offers a level of experience that is unmatched in the industry. From site selection and greenfield builds to next-gen renovations of existing facilities, Stream delivers comprehensive data center development services that benefit IT environment objective.
Stream’s operations engineers are responsible for operating data centers and other mission-critical environments across owned and managed properties. These highly experienced professionals are committed to maximizing uptime and value without compromising health, safety or security.
Stream offers a service provider-neutral facility, a competitive platform that allows customers to choose the network, cloud or managed service provider that best meets their needs. Each Stream facility has multiple diverse entry points, with each consisting of large duct banks going to diverse meet-me rooms. Stream chooses strategic locations with excellent network connectivity to a good mix of carrier types offering both lit and dark fiber services.
Stream partners with Megaport to enable direct cloud connectivity to all major providers of cloud services. Our cloud connectivity solutions provide immediate connection, single point of contact, and multiple options for cloud connectivity. Cloud service delivery methods include IaaS, SaaS, DRaaS, Storage and many more.
Stream provides energy procurement services to minimize energy demand and costs through design, operational best practices and evaluation of optimal energy rates in all markets, including renewable energy sources.
STREAM DATA CENTERS’ LEADERSHIP TEAM
Exceptional People and Service
Stream’s core leadership team of data center experts has remained constant for two decades, and our nimble sales, implementation and management teams ensure optimum flexibility to quickly define and adapt to customer business needs.
Learn more about Stream’s core leadership team, technical leadership team, and sales & marketing teams HERE.
Stream’s Core Values – Our high-caliber professionals come together to create a distinct culture best summarized by our firm’s values:
Smart – We are Intelligent, creative, Innovative, and sharp; we possess an especially keen understanding of supply and demand.
Honest – We always tell the truth and conduct ourselves ethically; we consider this value paramount to our success.
Nice – We are nice to all people all of the time; we respect and seek diversity in thought and background.
Passionate – We love our company, our colleagues, our customers and our work; we Incessantly strive to win for our clients and our associate
- CFS Partners Placement – Tejo Pydipati
December 2020 – Stream Expands Chicago Presence with Second Data Center
Stream Data Centers – News
Stream Data Centers – Videos
Stream Data Centers – White Papers
SENIOR VICE PRESIDENT OF OPERATIONS
The Senior Vice President of Operations (SVPO) will join Stream Data Centers reporting to Michael Lahoud, Chief Operating Officer, and oversee the day-to-day data center business operations and personnel. The SVPO’s charter is to lead teams in the integration and performance optimization of Stream’s multiple, geographically dispersed state-of-the-art data center campuses. The SVPO will ensure the portfolio exceeds uptime requirements relating to existing SLA’s while delivering a high performing operational plan for future data center capacity in new locations as Stream grows.
An innovative operating executive with demonstrated experience leading teams toward a culture of best practice excellence is paramount to the success of this role. This chapter of Stream’s growth requires both an extemporaneous and critical thinker to apply innovation and technologies with material business process improvements and efficiencies. Demonstrated leadership in the empowerment of contributions from the team to work smarter is necessary. The establishment of operational processes, methodologies, policies, practices, and standards to ensure the highest level of client service and performance reliability is mandatory. Apparent command of critical facility system operations, maintenance, engineering and design principles, practices, and procedures are also crucial. An ambition to think and act strategically and articulate an effective vision for green techniques, procurement, buy vs. build, and other Total Cost of Operations considerations is a basis of criterion for success.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITES
The SVPO will direct and leverage the current team to fulfill the comprehensive list of specific responsibilities listed here:
Data Center Operations Leadership –
- Lead Stream’s data center footprint performance optimization by effectively managing all daily mission critical operations and personnel at data center sites. The SVPO will collaborate with the business leadership, local site Directors, other IT resources, and outside vendors to align the data center operational model with the needs of Stream’s existing and prospective clients.
- Establish a baseline service level for internal teams and partners and endeavor to implement improvements to operational efficiencies and service delivery. Deliver best practice SOP’s for Operations and Security as it relates to maintaining dashboards, following applicable codes and requisitions, and designing controls to optimize data center efficiency and reliability.
- Anticipate data center technology and market direction and integrate appropriate changes to operational practices to remain current with trends and solution providers.
- Lead, negotiate, and manage existing and prospective Stream’s owned asset and portfolio operating agreements.
- Lead, negotiate, and manage all vendor relationships relating to Stream’s owned assets and future investments where capital is expected to be deployed to upgrade existing assets or build to suit opportunities exist.
- Manage planning and implementation of enhanced building management systems that improved inventory tracking, capacity controls, and improved reliability.
- Implement measuring systems for power utilization effectiveness (PUE) and water usage effectiveness (WUE) that lead to a reduction in utility costs and carbon emissions.
Business & Personnel Leadership –
- Implement and manage programs for safety, maintenance, process improvement, business continuity, and certification and qualification for personnel.
- Recruit, motivate, educate, and develop highly effective data center operations professionals. Continually enhance the team to ensure a culture rooted in innovation, collaboration, and effective execution. Solidify succession plans and make apparent directives and capabilities to meet strategic and operating objectives.
- Ensure the data center operations teams are empowered to achieve business objectives and goals. Deliver 100% uptime and reliability to ensure the highest possible client service and satisfaction resulting in retention, expansion, and reference ability. Utilize external benchmarks to establish performance metrics for internal and outsourced teams.
- Reengineer and strengthen organizational structure to keep pace with rapid growth and ensure company’s ability to meet operational, employee, financial, sales and service demands. Expanded facility and security groups to support uptime and service level agreements.
- Create Leadership Development Program for middle level managers and Management Programs for new managers to support company expansion and ensure succession capabilities. Create facilities and security certification programs to ensure personnel are property trained and qualified to support client’s complex and evolving demands.
Portfolio Operational Excellence –
- Ensure sustainable data center operations performance is optimized across the portfolio.
- Participate in and remain cognizant of Stream’s extended real estate investment value considerations and ensure operations decisions are aligned.
- Manage portfolio P&L with a keen eye toward profitability while integrating separate platform and asset operations.
- Oversight and management of the data center portfolio, including implementation of operational and service enhancements, monitoring performance, and internal reporting.
- Track and correct actual performance of portfolio versus plan. Present detailed plan to resolve performance deficits. Design, maintain, and report on key operational metrics.
- Orchestrate relationships with out-sourced facilities operations and service partners. Negotiate, audit and drive optimal service agreements. Present status and performance against target reports.
- Ensure company policies and legal guidelines are communicated across the organization and are followed at all times.
KEY QUALIFYING CRITERIA
Data Center Operations Management – Demonstrated history of standardizing data center asset and platform operational performance excellence across significant sized, geographically dispersed data centers. Specifically adept managing client move-ins and movement.
Data Center Operations Playbook – Both a history of authoring the playbook but also implementing the necessary MOPs, SOPs, & KPI’s to normalize behaviors that increase performance, effectiveness, efficiency, and predictability.
Data Center Business & Personnel Leadership – Demonstrated knowledge of broader data center business and fiscal matters, as well as a history of hiring and training a high-performing and positively aligned personnel, organization, and culture.
Development & Capital Planning – History of inception to disposition to include due diligence on buy vs build, business case justification on upgrade / build decisions, site selection, design, construction, project management, commissioning, and through to ribbon cutting.
Growth – Prior participation in the growth chapter of a digital infrastructure business making decisions impactful to value creation. Understands the commitment, conviction, and courageous decision making necessary and requires a unique blend of humility, servant leadership, and gravitas.
Culture – Alignment of core values with their vision, mission, and guiding principles which lead to excellence, fairness, and justice in the workplace. Stream epitomizes a level of conviction and self-accountability that leads to greater overall performance.
WHY CONSIDER THIS OPPORTUNITY WITH STREAM DATA CENTERS
Culture – Stream Data Centers’ culture embodies the dynamics of a start-up, focusing on smart, strategic thinking which leads to creative partnering. Stream Data Centers demonstrates its mission and principles with an intense sense of commitment, customer intimacy, and energy.
Earnings – Put your fingerprint on a new chapter in the industry with an emerging growth company poised for upscale market capacity demand and scale. The SVPO will dramatically impact the organization’s growth relative to plan while likely exceeding their own financial goals.
Executive Leadership – Stream’s Leadership Team’s precedent success and credentials sit firmly in the top echelon in the industry’s last decade of accomplishments. The confidence in the success this organization can provide to existing and prospective customers is a rare find for an already accomplished sales executive’s future career.
Focus – Less concerned with the market’s view and more focused on serving customer’s requirements effectively, Stream Data Centers plans to win through an intense commitment to change the colocation procurement industry by remaining nimble, scalable, and quick to respond, at scale.
Financial Strength – Stream is unique in the whole of the market in that they privately finance their deals which allows a great deal of opportunistic creativity and flexibility for client’s requirements. One size or solution does not fit all. Stream has the capacity, interest, and ability to construct deals customers need.
The compensation package for the SVP Operations will be determined relative to the final candidate’s current circumstance and specific requirements. The package is expected to include a competitive base salary, annual performance compensation, health benefits, and long-term incentive compensation.
Following a thorough exchange of information relating to company information, resume, and key qualifying criteria, CFS Partners anticipates recommending a short list of candidates to Michael Lahoud, COO, in October 2021. Finalists will meet with additional members of Stream’s executive leadership team. The selected finalist will be presented with a compelling and competitive offer contingent on background check and thorough references.